Part-time Senior Lecturer
Sany Jamal is the principal of Jamal – Architects and Engineers established in 2002 following the passing of architect George Rais with whom Sany Jamal formed the firm Rais and Jamal-Architects and Engineers (1980- 2002). Both firms designed and built over a period of nearly four decades an extensive and diverse volume of work covering: Residential compounds, Apartment buildings, Private Villas and Chalets, Office buildings, Corporate Headquarters, Medical Clinic buildings, Commercial centers, Schools, Universities and Institutions, Ski Resorts, Resort towns, Beach resorts, Country clubs, Hotels, Governmental and Administrative buildings. Some of these projects were in joint venture, or partnership with local / international Architectural and Engineering firms such as: S.O.M (Skidmore Owings and Merrill), Dar Al Handassah Shair, Cassia and Associates, Hecate international to name a few and were in Lebanon, Syria, Jordan, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, the UAE, Egypt, Yemen, Greece, the UK and in California USA.
In parallel to his professional work as an Architect, Sany Jamal is a Senior Lecturer teaching Architecture at the American University of Beirut (AUB) -1987-89 and 2003-present, at NDU: Notre Dame University-Loueize – 2003-2007 and 2012-2016, and recently at AZM University, Tripoli.
Highly involved in all matters relating to the exercise of the profession of Architecture, Sany Jamal served in the following capacities:
- Council Member for Region 2 UIA (International Union of Architects) – which
- extends from Russia to the ex-soviet block and the socialist block of Eastern European countries, Greece, Turkey, Syria, Lebanon, Palestine.
- President of the Architects’ Branch – Order of Architects and Engineers-Beirut. (2006-2009)
- President of the Architects’ Association – Order of Architects and Engineers Beirut. (1999-2000)
- Instigator and Founding Member: “OMRAN” Society for the Quality of the Built Environment in Lebanon (Legally registered in 2002).